Frequently Asked Questions
What is the best Screen Resolution to view your site?
Our site is optimised for a screen resolution width of 1280 pixels which accounts for 87.84% of our website visitors screen displays over the last year.
What is your contact information if I need help?
If you need real time assistance and the online help icon is indicating we are available for live chat service, click to start a chat with one of our friendly staff! Full contact details, including our address can be seen at the bottom of each page
I can't see a way of adding a product to my shopping cart?
for your convenience, we have placed two cart buttons on each product page, one is located at the top of the listing on the right hand side and the other is at the bottom of the listing on the right hand side. If you cannot see them, it may be that your screen resolution is smaller than our website, please scroll to the right to see them.
- Do I need a credit or debit card to buy from you?
- You will need one to place orders online unless you use your PayPal account, however, if that is not convenient, you can post a Cheque/Bankers Draft/Building Society Cheque or Postal order payable to Karlu Ltd for the full amount. Just go through part way the checkout process online to see your total order value including shipping. Don't forget to tell what you want and where you want us to send it to when you order in this fashion.
- Why is it safe to order online?
- Ordering online at karlu.com is safe because we use 256-bit encryption technology, (higher than the industry-standard 128-bit) when processing any of your personal information. This technology begins by utilizing Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption/security protocol. SSL encrypts the transmissions from your computer and Karlu's servers. Simply put, the transmission from servers server forms a matched pair (much like a lock and key) with the transmission from your computer so that only data to and from these sources can be valid. Therefore, no outside sources can view your information. .Your protection is our number one priority! The karlu Photographic online store has been verified by the world-renowned leader in the security business — Thawte™, our digital certificate and SSL provider. Just look for the Thawte symbol on our Web site to verify our certificate ID (bottom left of each page).
- Will my credit/debit card number be safe?
- Yes, using your credit card at Karlu is safe because we have industry-standard secure-server technology to encrypt all information gathered from our customers at the time of provision and purchase. This means that the information is encoded and unreadable while it travels to either HSBC or PayPal's servers. In fact, using your credit card at our online shopping site is considered far safer than using it at a Restaurant or Petrol Station.
- Why do you need my email address and telephone number?
- By giving us your email address, we can send you updates to your order and a Tracking link to the UPS system, so you can follow your parcel through it's journey to you. We ask for a vaild telephone number, so we may contact you if there is a problem, some UPS drivers will also call you if they cannot find you.
Will you match a price on the same product from another company?
We REALLY want you to be our next customer, that is why we offer YOU a price match promise. Please note, our website states a price that INCLUDES VAT. We have noticed many sites that try to appear cheaper by excluding VAT from their online screen price. They then require the shopper to REGISTER first, then, at the point of payment, they add on VAT. Please check this before requesting a price match. We do have to validate all price matches before proceeding, so it saves time if you could please check first. Please also note, we cannot DOWNGRADE to a postal service level less than UPS Courier Next Day Delivery - or equivalent. Full Price Promise details can be found on the link at the bottom of this page
What forms of payment do you accept?
We accept the following methods of payment:
Amex (via PayPal)
Why won't PayPal let me place an Order?
When you first create an account with PayPal , your account is limited to a total transaction value of £300.00 until you verify that you are who you say you are, if your order is higher than this value, PayPal will not authorise the transaction . This is for your and our security to combat Online Fraud.
Can I check the Status of my Order?
You can see how we are doing with your order at any time by logging into your account and selecting your order, if we have already shipped it, click on the tracking link for a precise up to date location of your parcel in the UPS system
Do you buy second-hand Studio Equipment?
Unfortunately, we do not sell second-hand equipment, therefore are unable to purchase it
- Why do I need to register with your site to place my order?
- When you wish to place an order online, our site requires that you create an "Account". This means that:
Because we have all this information on file, we can locate your order faster, for order tracking, queries or Warranty information.
Helps us to identify trends and perform security checks.
Means that you do not have fill out your address information each time you wish to place an order with us.
Means that you can always download a copy Invoice from your account, should you lose the original and require a new one one for Tax or Warranty issues.
Means that you can "save" items to your basket for later retrieval
Means that you can always stay abreast of our latest news (if you signed up for the newsletter feature).
- When you wish to place an order online, our site requires that you create an "Account". This means that:
Do you sell your customer data base to other companies?
We care about our visitors! That is why we NEVER sell any information to anybody... ever.
Can you send me more information on [any product]?
In general we do not have more information than what is on our web pages (with the exception of Colorama paper Catalogues - call if you would like one of these). We pride ourselves on keeping our website current and adding more information as it becomes available. However, we do have staff that have used the majority of the equipment on this website and would be more than happy to talk you through any questions. Occasionally we receive product literature from the manufacturers to promote the products and will send those with orders if we think you may be interested in the product based on your past purchases.
Do you have a Catalogue?
Our website is continually changing, new products constantly being added and prices changing on a daily basis, this makes a Catalogue impractical.
Do you sell products not on your website.
Our suppliers do have products that are not available on our website, we would be more than happy to competitively source these for you. Please call us with details.
I bought a product from you but don't know how to put it together or put it down - do you have any guides?
We have a "Guides and Brochures" section that is rapidly expanding, please check there first - link is at the bottom of this page
Can I come and see the products in action?
We have an attached working Studio where a large amount of our products can be seen in action and you are welcome to try them out (appointment needed), however, not all our products are available to view, we have over 4000 products available online, so this would be impractical for us. In the case of Background Curtains, we are happy to open one up for you, however, due to their size (3m x 6m) we have to limit this to one curtain - let us know which one beforehand.
How much will my delivery charge be?
Our orders are sent out with Interlink "Next Working Day" service and delivery costs are calculated upon the weight and the volumetric size of the goods in your basket together with the destination. Generally speaking, on the UK Mainland, a small item will cost £2.50 (these are sent via Royal Mail), larger items (such as lighting kits) £5.99, a single full width Paper Roll £9.99 and multiple Paper Rolls £14.99.
What Countries do you ship to and how long does it take?
See our full list, delivery times and costs on the link "Delivery Information" below
Do you ship to PO Boxes
For your own security, we are unable to ship to PO Boxes
Do you ship to Hotels
For your own security, we cannot ship to hotel rooms/reception desks etc.
Do you ship to BFPO Addresses
We do ship to BFPO addresses, however delivery to the London BFPO Sorting Office takes longer (Royal Mail), once the order is within the BFPO system, we have no control over delivery times or damage (If you are on a RN Ship and the Post Bag takes 3 months to get to you or gets lost overboard on a RAS, we cannot take responsibility.
What time will my goods arrive?
At the time you place your order, we are unable to guage what time your goods will arrive, Interlink deliver between 08:00-15:00hrs and the time will depend whereabouts you are physically located on the driver's round. They will send you an email on the morning of delivery to give you a one hour slot when they will arrive - saves you having to hang around all day!
Do you offer a Timed delivery service?
We offer several Timed services, Standard Delivery is normall "next working day" Pre-12:00 and Saturday AM. These services where available are shown at checkout.
Can I specify a particular day for delivery?
Yes you can specify any day Monday - Friday (other than the day you order), simply leave a message for us in the comments box during checkout.
What happens if I'm not at home when the courier attempts to deliver?
Interlink will leave a calling card to let you know that they attempted delivery, occasionally they will try and leave the parcel with a neighbour. You should call the number provided on the calling card to discuss re-delivery
Can I come and pick up my order
Of course you can, we would love to see you! However, before making a journey, please call us to check stock availability.
I don't like what I bought, can I send it back?
We hope that all our customers enjoy the products they buy from us from us, however, we understand that not everybody will like everything or may change their mind etc etc. Provided that you return the goods to us within 7 days, we will be happy to provide a refund for them, there are conditions on this, please see our returns policy at the bottom of this page for a full description of of the procedure.
Do I have to pay to return a product
Return Postage is your responsibility to pay unless the product is defective. Unfortunately we cannot arrange for goods to be picked up on your behalf.
My product has developed a fault, what do I do?
Please call us on 01787 312200 to discuss the problem, some faults can be resolved without the need to send the goods away, others, we will help with where we can.